Library services are available to distance learners enrolled through Missouri State-West Plains and to programs hosted by Missouri State Springfield on the West Plains campus. Librarians welcome the opportunity to assist you with your research and library assignments in person and by telephone, fax or "Ask a Librarian" email on the library webpage at https://libraries.missouristate.edu/.
The libraries that directly serve Missouri State-West Plains students, faculty and staff include Garnett Library at the West Plains campus and its satellite libraries: Barbe Library in Shannon Hall at the Mountain Grove campus and the library at the Dalian, China campus. Services may also be obtained through Meyer Library on the Missouri State Springfield campus.
A BearPass Login and Password are necessary to access online library resources. To get a new account go to https://cams.missouristate.edu/selfservice/getresources.aspx.
For those who live in Missouri, books and other resources may be obtained through MOBIUS (Missouri Bibliographic Information User System) which is accessible from the library web page. MOBIUS with its shared online catalog makes it possible to locate and request books to be delivered to a MOBIUS library in your area. To find a MOBIUS Library near you, click https://mobiusconsortium.org/.
Students who live elsewhere in the U.S. may use Missouri State libraries online resources, librarian reference support, and article interlibrary loan. Local libraries can provide books and book interlibrary loan services.
E-books, e-reserves, full-text journal articles and other electronic resources are accessible through the library webpage at https://libraries.missouristate.edu.
- For books and other resources, click "Books, Music, Media, Maps, Government Docs, etc."
- For articles, click "Articles in Databases."
- To locate journals in print or online, click "Journals & Magazines (TDNet)." To locate journals in Garnett Library, click "Garnett Library" on the side bar of the library webpage for the "Journal List."
- To locate subject resources and learn to use library resources, click "Reference and
Subject Resources" for:
- "Pathfinders" that describe resources by subject.
- "Tutorials" that show how to use online and print resources.
- "Handouts and User Guides" that provide information on article databases and basic library references.
- For reliable Internet sites compiled by librarians, click "Selected Internet Resources."
Use "Interlibrary Loan" on the library webpage to obtain articles not locatable in Missouri State libraries print and online journals or to obtain books not locatable through MOBIUS. Articles are sent electronically to University email accounts. Books borrowed from out-of-system are sent to the MOBIUS library you choose.
For more information or assistance with any of these resources, please contact library staff at:Garnett Library (West Plains) Phone: 417-255-7945, Fax: 417-255-7949. Barbe Library (Mountain Grove) Phone 417-547-7575, Fax 417-547-7577.
Ask a Librarian | E-Books | E-Reserves by Course | E-Reserves by Instructor | Article Databases | Online Book Catalog | Interlibrary Loan Forms | Reference & Subject Resources